About Me

My photo
a·muse [ ə myz ] to hold the attention of (someone) pleasantly.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

STREET CRED

Since I'm not usually one to look to celebrities for style inspiration, most of my inspiration is taken from runway images, past style icons, and more recently through some of my favorite blogs. In the past year, I've become incredibly drawn to street style images taken outside MBFW in New York and Paris by both professional photogs and bloggers. There's just something about looking at the way real people put together looks (not to mention esteemed elite in fashion), especially when they take a high-low approach to style, incorporating designer duds with cheap-chic finds. I don't actually own a professional camera, but did manage to sneak a few shots of some trendsetters outside the tents this past week at NYFW.



Oops, she blinked! Adore this show-goer's combination of a classic camel coat & polka dot blouse with a textured skirt and a Russian-inspired fur hat. The orange lips are just an added bonus of chic points.


I spotted this stylish pair from behind, immediately captivated by their monochromatic noir looks. It wasn't until after I took their photo that I realized the fashionista on the left was E!'s own Catt Sadler! Love it; especially her incorporation of fur + floral (I've been seeing a lot of this combo for late-winter, thinking of spring street style).


They say opposites attract, but in this case, I was drawn to this lady in red because I, too, was rocking a bright red coat with black accessories (and had just blogged about red below!)and just had to take a snapshot. A great Valentine's Day inspired look!





“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” 






No comments:

Post a Comment