About Me

My photo
a·muse [ ə myz ] to hold the attention of (someone) pleasantly.

Monday, February 6, 2012

HAUTE PINK

Maybe it's just the plethora of Valentine's decorations that are everywhere, but it seems to me that pops of hot pink are becoming ubiquitous. Last Spring I embraced the hot pink lip trend straight from the runways of Jil Sander, Fendi and DVF, and this Spring, I am taking a cue from these street style (and Celine Resort 12) shots that are super-charged with neon pink separates and accessories.










Whether it's a bubblegum beanie (adore the pink & camel combo) or a pair of fuschia wool trousers to stand up to what's left of winter temps, I am eager to incorporate this uber-feminine color into my everyday wardrobe. A pair of hot pink skinnies worn with nautical stripes (above) will be a great transitional look for Spring and the power of that neon crossbody will span the seasons. 

By the way, I still love a super-pigmented pink pout, and it looks even better paired with a pink shirt, pants or shift, as perfected in this vintage photo of Jackie O, below.


* thanks for the inspiration j.crew! {tumblr }


"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls..." Audrey Hepburn







No comments:

Post a Comment