About Me

My photo
a·muse [ ə myz ] to hold the attention of (someone) pleasantly.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

OUT OF THE BLUE

I know that fall fashion is on [most] everyone's minds of late, myself included, but somehow, dreaming of cashmere sweaters and woolen blazers while surrounded by the allure of the beautiful coastline doesn't seem to make much sense. While I must admit that I did make a recent early fall investment via J.CREW's schoolboy blazer in heather caramel [a great, great, investment I might add], I am currently trying to adopt a sort of fashion carpe diem and choosing to wear pieces that savor every bit of what is left of the summer. It is only August and I would argue that fall is still far on the horizon [practically speaking]. Speaking of horizons, I'm loving late-summer styles in shades of AZUL and those that reflect the sea and oceanic hues. Below is an editorial from Vogue Paris of this June:



These exotic, Grecian-inspired looks reflect the most beautiful shades of blue, complimented by bold, golden accessories. I love the swimwear, a sexy string bikini with gold accents and a monokini chic-ified by piles and piles of gold bangles and my personal swimwear staple accessory...thin gold hoops. Add a carefree braid and you might find yourself gracing the pages of French Vogue; okay, maybe not, but do choose a bright bleu maxi to maximize the appeal of upcoming summer soirées.


I absolutely adore pieces in a fabulous blue print, and a sarong with a greek-key-motif elevates the impact of an azul palette. A strong blue not only seems to be creeping its way into my wardrobe right now, but it is also serving as the color inspiration for my own bedroom. Whether its turquoise, cerulean, denim, or periwinkle, I'm craving to surround myself with bright, aquatic colors that recreate a seaside feel.

Vive le monkey-print! If you weren't convinced to don Prada's whimsical graphics through my last post, I give you Ms. Pedaru perfecting the look in this navy and white stunner.

Other ways to wear blue? Demin, of course, in the form of high-waisted wide-leg jeans à la Jane Birkin [below]. Also note her simple Marinière tank in navy and white stripes...




"Blue jeans are the most beautiful things since the gondola."
- Diana Vreeland

No comments:

Post a Comment