About Me

My photo
a·muse [ ə myz ] to hold the attention of (someone) pleasantly.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

NEO-NEON

Though recent temperatures overcompensate for my constant affinity towards neon, electric colors are perfect for mid-summer ensembles. As I've expressed in earlier posts, I adore a neon pout in pinks, peaches, and peony, and the same goes for anything from shift dresses to sandals. I love the contrast of citrine & sand, but a coral or tangerine onesie packs an equally impressive punch. For those less neon-inclined, a swatch of color via a belt (see Celine, below) or crossbody can create quite an impact on an otherwise monochromatic look.
While the trend might seem more easily achieved in solid separates, I can't seem to turn a blind eye from the eccentric patterns and quirky graphics as seen on the Fendi and Prada S/S 11 RTW runways. I especially love the vibrant stripes and monkey motifs showcased by Prada, reminiscent of a recent trip to the Boca Raton Resort, and architect Addison Mizner's Monkeys, artfully depicted in a traditional Moroccan design aesthetic...


Neon hues in ethereal, sheer fabrics are great on dresses that are both summer barbecue and rooftop cocktail party appropriate. This was perhaps best perfected by Christopher Kane, not to mention neon-noteworthy sandals that are sexy, stylish and electrifying. Equally seductive  (to my own style radar, at least) are crossbodys and mini pouchettes in shocking shades slung over-the-shoulder.




I must admit, that when it comes to neon, I've had recent confirmation bias by way of New York Times Fashion's Street Style feature for this week, for which yours truly made the cut; I love the variations on the trend sported from New York to British Columbia, and London to Paris, and Paris, and Paris (what trend can't they perfect?)...



http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2011/07/18/fashion/streetstyle-neon-12.html 



1 comment:

  1. love these looks! especially the fendi SS11 look ; )

    ReplyDelete