About Me

My photo
a·muse [ ə myz ] to hold the attention of (someone) pleasantly.

Monday, August 8, 2011

SPOTLIGHT: J.CREW









If I could pick a one-stop shop to fill my entire fall wardrobe, it would definitely, yes, without a doubt, be J.Crew. Why, you ask? Because the Fall 2011 Lookbook is filled with colorful separates whose hues seem to contradict what is often subconsciously associated with autumn dressing. Color-blocked wool separates in poppy and fuschia and a monochrome golden ensemble, "Jenna's Picks" featured by mastermind Jenna Lyons (above), are quite arguably the culprits that first reeled me into focus on fall fashion.









Although nudes are a seasonless staple in my closet, I love the contrast of reds and oranges, be it a chic crossbody, bold stripes, or matching lips and nails, against an array of neutral shades. Leopard adds just the right amount of pattern and texture to a neutral look, and adding a quick swipe of poppy lipstick perfectly completes the look. Some of my favorites include the edie purse in pecan, which I have been toting all summer, and in italian calf hair which I envision my late-fall self toting with my schoolboy blazer [below]. I also love the new cafe capri in wool and the no. 2 pencil skirt in every shade...





The masculin-feminin trend is showing up everywhere this upcoming season and I am a committed follower. J.Crew hit the mark with its tuxedo-inspired bonnie blouse, a noir maxi skirt, herringbone and tweed perfectly-tailored separates, and gentlemen's loafers and oxfords elevated (literally) to chic femininity in platforms and wedges.











 












J.Crew accessories (jewelry, shoes, sunglasses, etc.) never fail to catch my eye and this upcoming fall season's crop doesn't miss the mark. Here are mon favorites, in snakeskin, azul stones, tortoise, & red leather; one could only hope the collection doesn't sellout before the leaves start to change...












"DO mix hot hues together. Classic silouettes cast in coral and fuschia make a chic combo. DON'T be afraid to use leopard as an accent". -JENNA LYONS


No comments:

Post a Comment