About Me

My photo
a·muse [ ə myz ] to hold the attention of (someone) pleasantly.

Friday, April 29, 2011

SPOTLIGHT: CHLOÉ

It seems only appropriate to follow-up the previous post with my favorite French designer, Chloé. I can remember flipping the pages of Vogue and Bazaar as a budding fashionista and tearing out the Chloé ads as inspiration. I particularly recall using this ad [below] to inspire my high school graduation dress (a breezy azul frock).



In scanning the runway images for S/S 11, I was most captivated by the Summer 2011 line of romantic, ethereal looks in fluid fabrics and my own style staple, neutrals. I am completely obsessed with the monochromatic looks in beiges, camels and taupes and I especially love the pleated maxi skirts, fluid trousers, and ballet-inspired nude leotards.

a. mused

Other trends to covet: cropped leather tops, white-hot ensembles, and scooped-out backs. In a season bursting with color, the line of black & white, nudes and camels is a fresh alternative. I'm guilty of stocking up on camel this past F/W and I easily transitioned to a wardrobe that I am continuously filling with neutral separates. 

I love the contrast of nude & red as a way to incorporate color for spring. Rouge accessories in the form of handbags and ballet flats, as well as the très chic mid-height sandals [below] are without a doubt going to be my spring & summer essentials. 


If you (like me) opt for pieces that are bit more purse-friendly, here are some great alternatives:





No comments:

Post a Comment