About Me

My photo
a·muse [ ə myz ] to hold the attention of (someone) pleasantly.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Beauty Trends


Les Bises en Rose
IN SEARCH OF THE PERFECT SPRING POUT

Edith Piaf sang of a life in rosy hues, and so did the S/S 11 runways. Vibrant pops of pink showed up everywhere from tailored trousers to garçon-inspired blazers, but candy-colored lips were ubiquitous. Immediately captivated, I embarked on an intensive search for the perfect hue.


a.mused
I didn't have to look further than my very own bestie's coveted lipstick collection, stumbling across  her tube of NARS matte lipstick in Schiap  (which I learned she had been hoarding since high school!) of which I am simply obsessed.


I picked up a tube of my own at Sephora yesterday, unashamedly bursting with excitement to paint my lips in peony perfection. I recommend pairing the trend with minimal makeup--a little bronzer and a swipe of mascara—and a loose chignon à la Jil Sander. This is by far my favorite beauty trend of the season, and I will be sure  to a.muse with my pretty-in-pink-pout.



No comments:

Post a Comment