About Me

My photo
a·muse [ ə myz ] to hold the attention of (someone) pleasantly.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Indian Summer

Since the temperatures here on the east coast are painting a different picture of what is usually expected of late-September weather, embracing the warmer weather collections of S/S 2012 that were sent down the NY runways a week ago seems not only appropriate but very much welcomed. {Insert here my apologies for a much overdo post on an exceptional MBFW in New York...along with a feeling of renewal after a self-admitted fashion blogger hiatus}
Some of my favorite S/S 2012 looks came from both seasoned veterans (Oscar de la Renta, Donna Karan) and newcomers Christian Siriano and Victoria Beckham {above} whose dress collection was debuted in her first runway show at the New York Public Library. For spring, I'm thinking bright punches of color, luxe silks, ethereal femininity, and pleated maxi skirts. Just a head's up, and a roundup of my favorite looks from NYFW.

As far as what's hot now, I'm leaning towards both seasonal trends and timeless classics. Snakeskin, lace, and fur are on trend for textures, and classic camel, black, and red are almost foolproof when it comes to autumnal palettes. Introduce shades of aubergine (a la Gucci) to shake things up a bit...

Once you've come to terms with fall, and the impending cooler temps, I'm sure you too, will be inspired by the above looks by DG, Chloe, and Gucci. If I could offer one essential piece for the season, I advise that you invest in a well-made, crisp wool hat with ribbon trim. You'll find that it cozies up cool mornings and bad-hair-days and lends a hint of sophistication to any autumnal ensemble. If your morning routine requires less thought and more practicality, let me remind you that chic minimalism is always, always, a seasonless option and solution. {SEE style icon, Carolyn Bessette Kennedy}




With her no-fuss hair, simple makeup and minimalist looks, CBK embodied the modern, confident woman who was not only impeccably dressed at all times, but who remained faithful to classic pieces in what many would consider a limited color scheme. I consider it genius, and applicable to every working women's/ladies who lunch wardrobe.

As I've expressed in previous posts, I find inspiration in both current trends, people I know or stumble upon, but also style icons of the past. I believe that there is something to be said of women who have inspired a generation or generations alike, and I'm both willing to do that research and in turn, inspired by their own motivations when it comes to personal style. What's remarkable is that people from all over the world, from different trades and backgrounds, can find the same inspiration and a.musement. Stay tuned...


(follow me on instagram: @maggiemcp)

No comments:

Post a Comment